Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Podium Number Four in France!

This weekend we did a race in Saillagol. It is about 1.5 hours from Toulouse so quite the road trip. The drive was incredible as we jumped off the autoroute and traveled through some amazing small villages near the Cahors region of France. The race was pretty cool and I actually thought that I won the race as I outsprinted 12 guys for the win............but some French guy had snuck away during the 2nd lap of 8 and won by 3 minutes. I guess if I knew French, I would have heard that on the P.A. system. But, good times were had anyway. How do I tell the promoter that I don't understand a word that he is saying to me right now? Like always, just smile until they figure it out.
I wanted to figure out how to trade my trophy for the 4th place guys 3 bottles of wine.

No comments: