Friday, June 20, 2008

Merci Beaucoup!

This Thursday, I threw a little "Merci Beaucoup" cocktail lunch for all the participants of my consumer wine testing. Thierry brought the goodies of foie gras de canard and de goose as well as the baguettes. I supplied the non-cork tainted wine from my testing. These wines were typical of the Gaillac region and included two Whites (Sauvignon Blanc, French Colombard), a Red (Fer Servadou), and a Rosé (Cinsaut) snuck in there for good measure.
To my surprise, Thierry gave me a going-away gift. My own personalized bottle of wine. Cuvee de stage translates to "Internship of 2008". LCA stands for laboratory chemistry-agriculture.
On the flip-side, the real label shows a 2000 Buzet (Merlot, Cab Sauv., Cab. Franc), another wine growing region near Toulouse. Not every good wine is made in Bordeaux, Burgandy, or the Coté de Rhone :)
Also on the gift list was this Wine Encyclopedia CD-Rom. In French none-the-less, which only makes it more sentimental. It won't hurt to brush up on my French back in America, even if it is only wine terminology!

No comments: