Monday, June 23, 2008

Fete de Music.....Last Bike Race!

This weekend was a crazy time in Toulouse. The annual Fete de Music was on Saturday night. This event is similar to Mardi Gras, but the entire city of 600,000 people is shut down for the 1 million or so people that come into the city from all parts of Europe. I couldn't capture much as I was just trying not to get trampled by the crowd and enjoying the tunes. It was pretty much like being in a radio and every 50 meters or so, a new station would come on and you would hear some new music. Drumline, punk rock band, piano, Beatles tribute band, the Fete had everything. This pic is from the river and it only tells a little bit of the story.
I didn't get to sleep in to late after the Fete and headed out to Fonsorbes for my last bike race in France. I finally have been getting some consistent riding in and maybe even got rid of a kilo or two of all that beautiful cheese and foie gras that I have been consuming. Mapei guy and I made a 15 man breakaway and eventually broke away in the end to 2-man TT it to the finish. The weather was a balmy 90 degrees and these French guys were dropping left and right. Luckily, I am a fan of those Arkansas summers and enjoyed the salt-caking dehydrating experience more than some. But, alas, the Mapei guy dusted me in the uphill sprint and I settled for another 2nd place in France. No flowers for me, but another trophy and a box of groceries. Maybe next trip to France.......

No comments: