Monday, March 31, 2008

Still celebrating Easter!


So, I celebrated Easter, and like all Easter's, excitingly ran downstairs hoping to see what the Easter Bunny brought me, but alas, nothing. Apparently there is no such thing as the Easter bunny in France. They have some story about someone coming back from somewhere and dropping chocolat belle's and eggs filled with candy in the garden for the children to find. Similar to USA, but no fictious rabbit. Disappointed, my spirits were lifted when Madame Luthie returned home that evening to surprise the family with chocolat eggs blessed and sold after Easter Sunday mass. I pulled out a few chocolat belles that I had "helped myself to" at the school omelete cookout and shared them with the family. Then, when Mr. Farel came in, he surprised us all with a bag full of chocolat belle's. Then the next day at work, Dr. Talou gave all of the Americans a chocolat bunny! I guess I should have played it cool like my nephew Maddox and waited until the Easter Bunny made his way to my house! That little guy has to be the stud that all the girls at daycare baby-babble about.

No comments: