Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Louvre!




I went to the Louvre of course like all tourists do when they visit Paris. When I saw the lines, I almost walked out as I don't really appreciate art as much as I should and prefer experiencing the sites and sounds of the city more so than the the crowded congested museums. But, I stuck around and ran into my friends from Toulouse, who just so happened to be at the very front of one of the ticket lines. Like a jerk American, I cut into the front of the line and got my ticket. We went straight to the Mona Lisa and after elbowing through the crowd, I got sight of the famous painting. After being almost trampled, I parted ways with my friends so I could wander by myself and enjoy the museum. Here are just a few of the exceptional pieces that I came across. The Mummy, Venus de Milo, and of course Mona Lisa........not to be confused with my sister Lisa Jones.

No comments: