Thursday, March 6, 2008

My new home.

My bedroom for the next 5 months.

It has some very cool shutters in the window that I have to open and close every morning and night.
The shower leaves a bit to be desired, but it gets the job done.


This is my morning view as I open my shutters. Soon the tree will be full of leaves and chirping birds. Not a bad way to start the day.

This is the my walk to school everyday. I can either walk to the Metro and take the subway which takes about 20 minutes or I can take the Canal du Midi on my bicycle which is much more beautiful and only takes 10 minutes. Back at home, I would never walk or ride my bike short distances like this. I would always jump in my car instead of enjoying the sights and sounds of the world. America needs to learn to slow down in life and enjoy the little things, especially in the morning. Maybe we wouldn't all be so cranky by the time we got to work.



I will give us Americans a litte credit though. 1.47 euros per liter! That is close to $6 a gallon. I wouldn't drive unless I had to either.This is my final destination everyday. ENSIACET or the Laboratoire de Chimne Agro-Industrielle.

No comments: