Saturday, December 19, 2009

Baking & Pastry Skills Development: Cakes!

I wasn't kidding when I said there would be some more desserts coming your way!  We've done pies, cookies, custards, creams, and even plated desserts, but nothing is as classic as Cake! We've got a lot of mouthwatering editions to review..........

Hazelnut Chocolate Cake with Creme Parisienne

Black Forest Cake

Mascarpone Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake

Raspberry Yogurt Mousse Cake with Raspberry Mirror Glaze. I can almost see myself in that thing!

Plum Pudding. Taste's better than it looks.

Even though all of those desserts were great, you can't talk about cakes during the holiday season and not bring up the Bouche de Noel! A classic yule log cake designed to look like...............a log.  Get it in vanilla...........

or in chocolate. I hope this inspires some holiday creativity. No matter what, have a Merry Christmas from the Mrs. and I.............and all of the talented chefs-in-training in A.O.S 6 that have kept you entertained through all four of the seasons, including the holiday season!

No comments: