Saturday, August 8, 2009

Restaurant Review: Paris Bakery!

On our recent visit to Monterrey, we were referred to a nice little bakery located in the downtown area. Paris Bakery! Now Bouchon Bakery has pretty much spoiled me beyond belief with their delightful offerings of Eclairs, Croissants, and assorted breakfast goodies for the Bouchon family meal, but I was willing to take a chance on delighting my breakfast sweet tooth.

Having the in-laws on the trip meant that we would have several options to pass around and try. The more the merrier!

The bread looked good............................................................

....................but we were here for the sweets! Bon Appetit.Ummmmmmmm! Banana Nut Bread and a Raspberry Stuffed Croissant.
A not too sweet Banana stuffed Crosissant Traditionale. Paris makes a really nice and flaky croissant. Bon temp!I don't like to mix fruit with my coffee, but since the Mrs. drinks tea, she went with the Apricot Strudel. Not my favorite but she loved it. But who I am I to judge.................. ...........because I got the Chocolate Almond Croissant and the Chocolate Vanilla Marble Bread. Nothing tastes as great as some strong French Roast Coffee and chocolate stuffed into a buttery mass of dough! Yum, yum! Once I come off this sugar high, I will let you know.

No comments: