Sunday, August 23, 2009

Restaurant Experience: Bouchon Bakery!

So although I work at Bouchon Bistro, I have never actually purchased anything from the bakery next door. Sure I have accepted my fair share of day old bread, eaten every one of their pastries and cookies during 'family' meal breakfast, and even borrowed a cup of sugar for a pork brine or two, but never actually had the customer experience. Why then would I need to go to Bouchon Bakery then? Because on Saturday and Sunday mornings, they serve their fresh from the Bistro fryer famous doughnuts!
A donut is a doughnut right? I used to think so.........................
............................until I had these doughnuts! Only available in two flavors, chocolate and raspberry. Who needs all those choices?
I of course ordered the Doughnut au Chocolat. Topped with malted chocolate beebees and filled with delicious chocolate cream, this fried ball of brioche almost put me into a mid-morning coma.
Half for me and half for the Mrs. Well, maybe she can just eat her own.
Since the Mrs. enjoyes a fruity blend with her sugar, she went with the Raspberry filled doughnut. Plain brioche dusted with sugar..............................
.................................and a delicious raspberry filling. Half for you and half for.................no thanks Mrs., I'll stick with my chocolate. Best doughnuts ever? Hard to answer as they are really quite different than your classic fried doughnut down at Dale's Donut Shop in Benton, AR or your local Krispy Kreme on the corner. Wait, where are all the Krispy Kreme's in Napa???

No comments: